Sunday, February 19, 2012

Destination “Home”

If I point the right direction
Would you take me where I want to go
Would you be my gps, my northern star
Would you go with me, no matter how far
.
If I’m aimed the right direction
Could we head for the unknown
Could we not look back, have no regrets
Forgive, forget, and love again 
.
If we’re headed the same direction
Could we start where we left off
Could we make it there together
Could I do more than tag-a-long 
.
If we’re going the same direction
Can we do it holding hands
Could we do it as the best of friends
Or more, would you ever consider that
.
If we’re aimed the same direction
Would you let me light your way
Help you if you stumble
And carry half the weight
.
If we’re going the same direction
We don’t have to go alone
We can have each other
As we travel that long road home
.
We share a destination
And two are better than one
As I anticipate your answer
I will prepare and wait alone
.


No comments:

Post a Comment